Are steroid shots safe to take prior to a cataract surgery?

Question
Is it ok to get my steroid injection for my back today and still have my scheduled cataract surgery in seven days? I am 62 and in good health and not diabetic. I just had a physical one week ago and all is good.
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not recommended

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns,

But I would not recommend taking the steroid shot before a cataract surgery as it might cause an elevation of your eye pressure . Unless approved by your surgeon it might lead to postponing your cataract surgery...

I hope I answered your question, feel free to ask further.