Are nausea, dizziness and dry mouth side effects of Norfloxacin pill?
User rating for this question
On October 31 I had a hip joint replacement operation. Because of consequent problems with my bladder, I thought I might have a UTI. Therefore last Tuesday I went to the doctor who gave me a prescription for Norfloxacin 400 mg. I was quite nauseated the first day and after that OK. But last night I became extremely nauseated and dizzy and was drinking glass after glass of water, my mouth feeling dry a few minutes after each glass. (a classic sign of poisoning I think). I did not take the Norfloxacin pill. I feel OK today. On Thursday of last week I learned that the urine test was NEGATIVE for UTIs. Here is my question: Was it XXXXXXX for me to stop the pills when I had only one day left? If so, should I try to start up again?
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not XXXXXXX to stop. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. The side-effects you experienced of nausea and dizziness are some of the commonest side-effects associated with Norfloxacin occurring in up to 1 in 10 people. The dry mouth you experienced and needing to drink water is not a sign of poisoning so you do not need to worry about this. It is OK that you stopped the Norfloxacin one day early due to the side-effects. In view of the negative urine test you do not need to re-start it. If you continue to drink large volumes of water and still feel you have a problem with your bladder, I suggest you see your doctor to discuss the possibility of diabetes as sometimes the first sign is thirst. However, if you now feel back to normal then I think you can put this behind you and continue your recovery from your hip replacement. I wish you good health. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA
People also viewed
- Systemic retroviral infection causes
- Have lump under rib not attached lymph nodes
- Chronic pelvic infection causes
- Post-viral infection causes
- Missed period hpt negative have uti suggestion
- Is dry mouth a side effect of norfloxacin?
- Baclofen side effects dry mouth
- Skin candidiasis causes
- Dry mouth eltroxin side effects
- Viral papilloma causes
- Have nausea sweating headache vomiting happened previously suggestions
- Dark patches at corner of lips deeping mention the preventions
- Is dry mouth a side effect for next choice pill
- Tramadol dry mouth side effects
- Abdominal pain chills and fever what could be the problem