Are my testicles paining due to cold temperature?

I was outside for a walk when it started raining. The wind was blowing and I got very cold. Now my testicles are hurting quite a bit. This was a few hours ago. Is this something serious?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 11 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

As you know, the scrotum and testicles are very sensitive to temperature changes. In your case, I feel that the combination of the wind and likely cool temperatures caused the scrotum to contract somewhat rapidly.

Usually, this would not lead to any symptoms but occasionally it may create a bit of local inflammation in the scrotal sack which can give a sensation of ache or pain.

I feel that your discomfort will resolve over the next day or two. You could try relaxing in a nice warm bath for 20 minutes or so. This might help some of the discomfort and help resolve some if the inflammation as well.

I hope you have found this reply to be both informative and adequate. Should you have additional questions, I am available to address them.