Are medicine Oxyn, Ovigyn, and Novelon effective for regularizing period when suffering from PCOD and Hypothyroidism?

I WOULD LIKE MY QUESTION TO BE ANSWERED BY GYNEAC OR INFERTILITY SPECIALIST - THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING MY REQUEST i am suffering with Hypothyroid from past 13 years and PCod from 8 years, sometimes i dont get periods at all for months.Now my situation is like that if i take birth contraceptive pills only then i get my periods. I have consulted an Infertility specialist in Hyderabad for my treatment. She has prescribed me the following medicines. 1.Oxyn -24 - 1 Capsules for 30 Days. 2.Ovigyn DSR - 1 Capsules for 30 Days. 3.Trufol - Tab for 30 Days 4. Novelon for 21 days to get periods. She told me to contact her after i get me period on 3rd day. I want to know wat are these medicines will work on me and will my periods will become regular after taking this medicines. Kindly suggest awaiting for ur reply.
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: kindly reply with the drug contents. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have analyzed your query completely, I am not able to find out the contents of Oxyn and ovigyn DSR tablets, if you could kindly reply regrading what contents it has got. Also kindly reply regarding your latest scan report, husbands semen report and blood investigations, most importantly serum FSH (follicular stimulating hormone) , LH (leutinizing hormone) levels if it is done. You can even upload the images. Also let me know if any other investigations done like HSG-hysterosalpingography or any laparoscopy surgery done. Lastly since how long you are married. And about the other two drugs, Trufol contains folic acid, it is given as folic acid supplementation in case if you become pregnant. Novelon is a combined oestrogen progesterone hormonal tab, it is given to regularize your period. Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further. Awaiting your response. Regards Arif
Follow-up: Are medicine Oxyn, Ovigyn, and Novelon effective for regularizing period when suffering from PCOD and Hypothyroidism? 43 minutes later
Oxyn-24 Capsules Composition •Lycopene •Anti-Oxidants •Vitamins •Mineral softgel capsules Each soft gelatin capsule contains •Lycopene 6% 5000 mcg •Biotin 5mcg. •Vitamin E I.P 25 I.U. •Vitamin C I.P 50 mg •Vitamin A palmitate I.P. 2500 I.U •Folic Acid 2mg •Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate US 24.45mg •Vitamin D3 5mcg Indications •In Ophthalmic disorders ARMD, Cataract •In Gynaecological Complications pre- eclampsia & IUGR •In Cardiovascular disorders : Hyper tension,Atherotension, Myocardial Infarction etc. •General Weakness •Oral submucous Fibrosis •Male infertility to increase sperm motility •Pregnency OVIGYN - DSR Manufacturer Alembic Contents dehydroepiandrosterone Other Drugs Affecting Hormonal Regulation
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Oxyn 24 is given normal ovulation Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, Oxyn-24 Capsules contains all the essential vitamins and antioxidents required for normal ovulation. This medication wont help in regularizing the periods, but will help in proper ovulation and also for helping in early conception. OVIGYN - DSR contains dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)which is usually given for patients who have decreased ovarian reserve. Your treating doctor might have thought in this line before prescribing this medication. Also DHEA improves ovarian function, increases pregnancy chances and by reducing aneuploidy, lowers miscarriage rates. Only medication which is given for regularizing your periods is Novelon. Again to get regular periods you need to have normal ovarian function and normal endometrium (lining of uterus). Regarding not getting periods could be due to thyroid abnormality or due to PCOS, kindly continue taking thyroid medication. Novelon will help you in this present cycle. I personally feel you need to undergo diagnostic lapaoroscopy and laparoscopic ovarian drilling if it is not done earlier. If everything is normal you need tablets for ovulation induction with clomiphene citrate for the coming cycle and timed intercourse or IUI (intra uterine insemination) depending on your husbands semen report. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!