Are lumps in both breasts, not visible in ultrasound and MRI, pain in left breast, itchy and flaky nipples symptoms of breast cancer ?

Hi, I have had one lump in both breasts, a swollen axallariy node, (shown on first Ultra sound) about a year ago. I'm 25, I have large breasts, I am too young to have a mammogram but they did one anyway, Nothing came up, had an MRI something came up but when we did the ultra sound again they couldn't find the lump to do the biopsy. I have been to 3 different hospitals saying two different things. The Drs. here have not done anything and one of them said: I quote: "We hope it's nothing serious"...(welcome to the Middle East). Now my left breast are still hurting, my breast and nipple are itchy and my nipples are flaky as well. I have also found that I have lots of red pimples under both breasts although I use talcum powder regulary and try to keep clean. I have another appointment (breast exam) on 30th May 2011. Can someone please tell me what's going on?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Dear Ravenarts,

I am Dr.Raju Arva from XXXXXXX

Thanks for your recent request for specialist opinion,

We after going through your query , referred it to Dr Indranil Gosh, XXXXXXX consultant in Medical Oncologist for the best.
The specialist replied asking for reports related to your health problem to opine better and advice the needed.

Kindly send the reports of the tests you underwent to YYYY@YYYY , like :

1) MRI
2) Mammogram
3) Any other related to the problem if present.

Anticipating your response.
Follow-up: Are lumps in both breasts, not visible in ultrasound and MRI, pain in left breast, itchy and flaky nipples symptoms of breast cancer ? 4 days later
Hi Doctor,

Reports sent, please reply.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 minutes later
Reply from Dr. Indranil XXXXXXX :

The USG is suggestive of fibroadenoma (benign tumor). Lymph node is 1 cm (very small), may be normal. You just need follow-up with your treating doctor.

1. Mammography is not helpful in view of young age and large breasts. We can follow with clinical exam and USG

2. Regarding the pimples and flaky skin, she can take a dermatologist's opinion.

In summary the chances of a benign tumor like fibroadenoma converting into breast cancer is not known and is not common.

Hope it helps.