Are heavy snoring, shortness of breath with coughing and dry throat causing speechlessness symptoms of any disease ?

i am 34 year old, weight 90 k g height 5'10'' with problem of heavy snoring, and now during my work which is a field job on day time, i got occasional episodes of shortness of breath, with coughing, and dry throat feeling very thirty,due to that i feel very uncomfortable become speechless what should i do?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 28 minutes later

First of all for your height of 5;10 your weight is excess .
snoring , episodes shortness of breath can be sleep apnea syndrome.

Do u get these symptoms at any particular time? After any specific food intake?
Are u a smoker?
Do u get chest pain ?

visit a good physician at the earliest who will advise you few blood tests,eosinophil count,chest x XXXXXXX to rule out asthma , COPD and few other causes.

Try to loose some weight. Go for 45 min walk daily,avoid oily ,fatty food ,fast food.

Anticipating your response,

Follow-up: Are heavy snoring, shortness of breath with coughing and dry throat causing speechlessness symptoms of any disease ? 45 hours later

i am non smoker, non-alcoholic

the symptom of shortness of breath appears more ever in afternoon time when my throat started to feel thirsty. and after this shortness of breath some cough also comes out. and coughing start for small duration of time.

i do not have any chest pain at any time.

i do have conducted my sleep study at indore which indicate i do get sleep apnea and then chest physician also advised me to loose weight.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

Thanks for getting back to be.

As I have answered you previously.
Sleep apnea syndrome can cause these kind of symptoms.
Occasional breathlessness , feeling thirst, behavioural changes can occur in this disease.

Lose excess weight.
Even a slight loss in excess weight may help relieve constriction of your throat. Sleep apnea may be cured in some cases by a return to a healthy weight.
take one good antacid preparation at night time.

Avoid alcohol and certain medications such as tranquilizers and sleeping pills. These relax the muscles in the back of your throat, interfering with breathing.

Sleep on your side or abdomen rather than on your back. Sleeping on your back can cause your tongue and soft palate to rest against the back of your throat and block your airway.

Keep your nasal passages open at night. Use a saline nasal spray to help keep your nasal passages open.
Talk to your doctor about using any nasal decongestants or antihistamines because these medications are generally recommended only for short-term use.

Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP) is one operative procedure which can benefit you discuss it with your Doctor.

Keep your afternoon meals light.

Avoid sleeping immediately after meals.

Hope I answered you in detail, Wish you good health.