Are erectile dysfunction since 3 weeks and pinched nerves in shoulder and lower back co-related ?

I'm 5'4 225lb 32 years old male have always been sexually active. for three weeks now I have not been able to keep an erection while standing up. I have numerous pinch nerves in both shoulder and my lower back is constantly tight even after taking muscle relaxer it stay tight. is my sciatic nerve being pinch or is it a blood pressure thing
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later

If your problem is only three weeks old then it might be due to a nerve related problem.

You can add methylcobalamin supplements to your diet - around 1500 mg daily to help your nerves recover fully.

To maintain erection for longer, drugs such as phosphodiesterase inhibitors / alprostadil can be used. You may get them prescribed by a doctor. Both oral medications as well as injections are available to help in maintaining the erection. Your physician will help you in choosing the best agent for you after examining you to rule out the contraindicating factors.

For muscle pains and spasms, if you are not relieved with the current medication, consider taking a better muscle relaxant like thiocolchicoside with a pain killer after discussing with your physician.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.