Are dizziness , forgetfullness and sudden whoosing sounds through the head, post menopausal effects ?

Hi, I'm a 55 yr woman, post menopausal, having frequent dizzy spells, lots of forgetfullness and now a few occasions where there is a sudden whooshing sound through my head. It's brief and then I am dizzy.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 30 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

The symptoms reported by you could be suggestive of raised blood pressure, blood sugar or even due to menopause.

Considering your age I would advise you to get some investigations as:
1)Blood profile including Hemoglobin and blood sugar levels
2)Hormonal Analysis as menopause causes a sudden decrease in the hormones and cause forgot fullness and dizziness.

Also consider getting Blood pressure checked as fluctuating levels can contribute a lot in causing dizziness.

Meanwhile some suggestions for you:
1) Take a Multivitamin tablet once a day for 3 months.
2) Go for a walk in fresh air.
3) Include blueberries, avocados,whole wheat items, papaya, apples, beetroot and oat meals in diet.
4) Drink lots of water and have a cup of XXXXXXX tea daily.
5) Take a handful of nuts as walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds daily. They contain Vitamin E and also keep the brain functions strong.
6) Restrict smoking and alcohol.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up if any.