Are complications pertaining to testicles possible post herniorophy ?

General Surgeon
My son had a herniorophy and now his left testicle comes into his abdomen when he has sex and his right testicle is painful
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 5 hours later

Post hernia operations complications in few patients are a well known clinical entity in the best of hands & institutions.

I would like to have some more information for detailed response.

Age of your son.

Side on which he was operated .

How old was hernia when operated & size of hernia ,whether it was going up to scrotum or not.

When was he operated?

Whether it was an open surgery or laparascopic surgery.

Was mesh used or not ,if yes what type of mesh used to repair hernia.

After hernia repair with or without mesh some fibrous tissue is formed ,that may pull up the testicles little bit ,but chances of going in to the abdomen are quite less.(if he has been operated on left side.)

It generally comes to its normal place after some time.

Post / intra sex right testicle pain is not related to hernia repair if operated on left side.

It can simply be due to congestion of blood ,as blood supply to penis & little bit to the testicle increases during sex or arousal ,

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”