Ask a Urologist   »  

Are blisters on penis normal for uncircumcised males?

hi, sometimes, not too often, but when I get home from work and jump in the shower I clean my penis head and pull back my forskin, it sometimes has these very light almost blisters, maybe one or two small ones, and it flakes away when I wash myself. ive been told that this may be cause of my job of being out in the heat and sweating like a dog, I just wanna know if I need to be worried and if this is common or not for uncircumcised males
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
If the blisters that you are having are not associated with any kind of pain or discharge then it might be due to friction or fungal infection. You can apply a local antiseptic and antifungal ointment to have relief.
Other possibilities are-
1.Dermatitis- caused by infections, allergies, and irritants (such as soaps, certain creams).Lesions are usually in the form of itchy small red bumps.
When become white headed, it may indicate a secondary bacterial infection and formation of pus.
2.Herpes simplex - Genital herpes is a very common disease caused by herpes virus type2. It results in small, very painful blisters (fluid is inside the lesion), genital irritation, itching, they burst into the sores turns into crust, that scab
and heal in about 3 weeks.
Special tests include:
Blood tests, Microscopic examination of tissue scrap from lesions, Viral cell culture test

Direct clinical examination is essential to rule out the above conditions.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow ups.
Follow-up: Are blisters on penis normal for uncircumcised males? 58 minutes later
I see what your saying, Im sure its either fungal or friction, it never last any longer than an hour after I clean myself. and its only when im extremely sweaty and hot and have been moving all day, they are not painful and it doesnt really bug me. just annoying.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 50 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
Using the anti septic creams like neosporin, soframycin, bacitracin, fusidic acid , etc will help in relieving the symptoms.
Sincerely hope it will help.
Wishing you an early recovery.