Are acne on arm and dandruff related? Suggest a cream to get rid of black knees

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
is there any CREAM(no surgery) to get rid of black knees and the cream should b free of any side effects (like hydroquinone which causes cancer). i have acne on my arms and have dandruff(scaling). are they related
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later

You can use a cream called Elovera which contains Alovera extract, Vitamin E acetate.
It will decrease the hyper pigmentation, but it may take some time to get visible results.
Sometimes dandruff and ache are related, though the exact cause for it is not yet defined.
Both these are caused by diet, stress, hereditary and hormonal changes.
Better to take treatment simultaneously.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Are acne on arm and dandruff related? Suggest a cream to get rid of black knees 7 hours later
approximately how much time will this cream take. could you tell me two,three other creams as an option ,in case i don't get elovera.how much harm does hydroquinone cause . how is dermiline cream? could a dermatalogist answer my query please ?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 11 hours later
It may take 1 to 2 months to get good results.
Other creams are Arbutin, Azelaic acid, veravit cream, aloe turmeric cream etc.
Studies in rodents showed that hydroquinone can cause cancer but not proved in humans.
According to manufactures dermiline cream is an effective skin bleaching cream with ingredients like arbutin, tyrostat, kojic acid, licorice extract etc.
To direct the question to dermatologist you have to choose the query for dermatologist under 'ask a specialist' option or have to choose the correct category in 'ask a doctor' option.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.