Are Aspirin and Duphaston harmful for fetus? Prescribed for miscarriage.

yesterday i went to consult a doctor for my wife it was normal checkup for her 6 week pregnency. she had earlier a misscarriage. now, doctor prescribed 2 medicine, which are duphaston and baby Aspirin. duphaston 2 tab a day and aspirin 1 tab in a day.

in my limited knowledge Aspirin and duphaston is XXXXXXX medicines. is there any harm to her or the baby inside? i so afraid of this. can you please advise me.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 2 hours later

Thanks for consulting me.

Its a common practice to use Aspirin and Duphaston in pregnancy. Its useful in cases of recurrent miscarriage. Its also used in pregnancies at higher risk of miscarriage.

Low dose Aspirin is safe in pregnancy.

A vast cochrane study has been done on that where several thousand women were evaluated.
Ensure that Aspirin is 75 or 81 mg only and not more.

Duphaston is unlikely to affect fetus, so its advisable to continue both. Aspirin has proven benefits.

Hope, this answers your query.