Applying kojimed for acne marks on face and back. How to get rid of acne marks?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, I am 23 years old, I have lot of acne marks on my face and also on my back. I have been suggested by the doctor to use kojimed ointment. Will it work? Are there any side effects on using this cream? I have been suffering from this problem since childhood. And now there are lot of acne marks on my back so I hesitate to wear deep necked clothes. Kindly help me out with this problem, it would be of huge help. Also suggest if I can go through any surgical process to get rid of these acne marks or use some other cream for it. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Acne

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query kojimed is a mild depigmenting agent. It may give you relief but will take longer time. I suggest you to go for chemical peels. Glycolic acid peels will be good for you. it can be done both for face as well as back. Please meet a dermatologist and get the treatment started. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Applying kojimed for acne marks on face and back. How to get rid of acne marks? 10 hours later
Thank you. How long will it take for the acne marks to lighten if i go through glycolic peels? I am also worried that is this a common problem or not because my condition is very severe and i have never seen this kind of acne problem to anyone else i know.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX can you please upload a photograph of your face showing the lesions. There is an option to do so on right side of query page. This will help me in giving a better line of management and I may be able to tell you the duration for which treatment is required. Thank you