Applying antifungal cream for fungal infection. What could be the reason for black spots?
User rating for this question
I posted this query 10 days ago about a dark flaky spot on the outerskinof penis .I attached sample pictures too.. Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX kanodia examined them and asked me to apply antifungal cream as he diagnosed it as a mild fungal infection. However, even after applying the cream, the blackish spot is still as visible but not dry as before. I was worried if I should get it examined. Is there a chance of this being a STD or cancer. Pictures are attached in my previous query which I had closed out later
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 3 days later
Brief Answer: No need for std check up. Detailed Answer: Hello thanks for writing here.In my opinion there is no need for std check up since these infections are associated with pain ,burning of urine, discharge etc.So stay relaxed.Other probable diagnosis of black spot is fixed drug eruption.This occurs due to drugs such as pain killers sulfa drugs etc.Ruling out such hisrory will be important and avoiding such drugs in future will prevent recurrance.Hope this will help you.Take care.
People also viewed
- What is the discomfort after using nair hair remover
- What is this internal bump in my butt crack
- How to treat a stomach upset with diarrhea
- Creams for fungal infections in elbows
- Cream for fungal infection
- Black spots due to fungal infection
- What is the remedy for rashes with itchiness
- Daktarin cream fungal infection on face white spots?
- How to get rid of chronic gastritis
- Any home remedy to reduce bruise on right buttock
- What is the best time to take nitrofurantoin macro dosage
- Dipsalic cream fungal infection
- Is calcification related to cancer
- What is a big lump on the perineum
- How to treat dry skin patch on upper lip