Applied pile cream. Got tiny black grit residue around anus after motion. Concerned?

i have tiny black grit residue left around my anus after i pooh. i noticed after applying pile cream. this is a regular occurance . what is it ? and should i be concerned ? usually only one bit on average once a week .. i often have very soft stools and can pooh two or three times a day.
Posted Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 33 minutes later
I dont think you need to worry. It is likely that it is a small anal tag with small amount of residual stool. Anal tags may become prominent at times when you strain for stools.
Avoid straining generally. You can try taking isapgula husk available over the counter to make your stools well formed. This may help reducing the stool frequency too.
I would also suggest that you get your stool routine done if you have long standing symptoms or associated with abdominal pain, weight loss, loss of appetite or if you have noticed blood in stools.
Hope this answers your query.
Please do let me know if you have any further questions.
Wish you a speedy recovery.