Applied neosporin on burnt forearm. What are the small red spots on the burnt area?

I burned the soft, underside of my right forearm halfway between my hand and elbow about 24 hours ago, with a strong bleach solution. The bleach burn began stinging at abot 3AM and I continued bleaching what I was cleaning for severalmore hours, intermittently rinsing my arm with water. I rinsed it several times with water, and since I finished, I have showered twice and washed the area 3 or 4 more times. I started using neosporin about 10 hours ago. Now I have small, bright red spots appearing in the burned area, which all along has been shaded in various softer red-brown tones. What are these small red spots? No big deal? or...?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Allergic reaction of skin Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX , I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I will be able to help you in the same. Now first of all, you seem to have developed superficial skin burns due to the bleaching agent that you used. From your description , it looks like you have developed an irritant reaction to the neosporin cream that you applied over the affected area. But it would be great if you can click some close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also email them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. As of now, I would advise you to stop using neosporin cream over the affected area. Just wash it with plain water twice a day. Keep the affected area clean and dry. Do not use any creams over the affected area. You can however take some oral antihistamines to reduce the allergic reaction and the associated discomfort. I will be able to help you more once you follow up with the pictures. Waiting for your response Dr Geetika Paul