Applied just for men brush in color gel. Started itching with redness and swelling. Remedy?

yes I used the just for men brush in color gel mustache and beard product last night after testing and applying the product I awoke up early am with itching , redness and swelling around my lower jaw and facial areas what can i used over the counter to stop the swelling and pain. after shaving and cleaning ,so far I've used neosporin and aloe gel pure cooling
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 30 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I can understand your situation.
You have got a very bad allergic reaction to your skin.
You shouldn't have shaved right away.There seem to some kind of blister formation to the local area and some local discharge.
Apply calamine lotion to the local area .Keep the area very clean.You can apply ice pack to the local area.Continue with neosporin ointment.
Take some cetrizine tabs for a few days.You might need some oral steroids if the condition worsens.Please consult a dermatologist before you take those drugs.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.