Applied clobetasol propionate on tongue. Having abdominal pain, started vomiting. Worrisome

Jan 2013

my wife was prescribed clobetasol propionate to apply on her tongue. since applied she has been vomiting and has abdominal pain. should i take her to hospital?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 42 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated details along with mentioned.
Does she have acidic belching/ watery diarrhea/ frequent urge to use washroom/ spasmodic abdominal pain?
What is the type of mouth ulcer? If possible, kindly attach pics.
Is this mouth ulcers frequent in nature?

As per my opinion, Clobetasol is not available in oral preparation. Kindly recheck the clobetasol preparation.
With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of presence of similar ulcer in stomach or gastroenteritis.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ general surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, endoscopy.

As such there is no specific cause for mouth ulcers. Stress, vitamin deficiency, zinc deficiency have been defined.
Other possibility could be crohn's disease in which ulcers may be present from oral cavity to rectum.

She should take proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics, multivitamins, rebapimide, zinc carnosinr. She should also apply triamcinolone ointment for relief of mouth ulcers.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava