Applied cast on broken tibia. Experiencing muscle spasms and twitching in leg. Should I be concerned?

Critical Care Specialist
I have a broken tibia since october 20th that was casted on october 24th. I am currently experiencing muscle spasms and twitching in the leg. Should I be concerned?
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 2 hours later

Given that a case has been applied and the current clinical condition, you need not be worried as the muscles inside the cast have been inactive for last one month and nerves supplying these muscles are intact and active. Abnormal twitching and spasm of muscle along with itching do occur inside the cast.

There is nothing that you need to be concerned about here.

Hope this answers your question.

Let me know, if you have any more questions.

Dr Sadiq.