Applied Podowart to genital warts. Now itching and wounded foreskin. Suggest antibiotics

I have applied podowart to genital warts. Now foreskin scrtches and wounded so that it cant be retracted to clean. I fear an infection if get uncleaned for days. I hv little bleeding wounds at the end of foreskin. Please suggest any good antibioitic cream and if necessary antibiotic oral tablets. I am 39, 170cm, 84 kg, FBS 103, No BP, No Chol
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 22 minutes later

Podowart is is very effective and strong drug capable of causing severe side effects.

It Is better to apply it in presence of skin specialist.

Now since you have already applied you better take some antibiotics.

T-bact is ointment containing mupirocin .It Is effective in treating bacterial infection.

Also oral antibiotics like azithromycin or augmentin may be needed.

Clean the area daily with warm water and soap. Use antiseptic wash if possible.

Also visit a dermatologist who can examine and treat your warts and infection.

Hope this helps .

Any further clarification if you need ,please do ask me.

Follow-up: Applied Podowart to genital warts. Now itching and wounded foreskin. Suggest antibiotics 50 minutes later
Please advice the dosage if azithromycine, i mean a prescription. I hv used podowart earlier and rhe severe side effect disappeared aftr a week. This time litle severe with skin wounds at end of penis. Prescribe oral antibiotics nd,dosage. I m using tbact from yesterday. Thanks for th med advice
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 25 minutes later
hi again,

Azithromycin is 500mg 1 tab daily for 3days.

Its better to take antibiotics with consulting your general pract.
Or physician.

Hope this helps.

If you dont have further queries please accept my answer and rate it at the end.