Appendix surgery done. Pain around waist while sitting or bending. What is causing this?

I am 60 years old and I had an appendix surgery that explodes, and I was rushed to the hospital. About 4-5 months ago. Yesterday I had a feeling of right side pain around the waist like a half circle, when I sit or bend. What could be the pain from?
Posted Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 3 hours later

See the pain described by you seems to me as a complication of appendix surgery probably due to nerve irritation. Consult your surgeon and get yourself examined in details. Again this pain may arise from the spinal cord itself. Pain may be due to nerve root compression due to age related degenerative disc changes. So better you should undergo a MRI of spine specially the lumbar region and hip joints.

Hope I have answered your queries. If you have further queries you can write back to me.

Dr Arnab Maji