Appendix removal surgery done. Feeling blockage and pressure in throat. Started snoring. Reason?

Hi I had surgery to remove my appendix a year ago, after surgery the anaesthetic doctor came to tell me they really struggled to get the tube down my throat. Since then I feel like my throat is blocked at the top on one side. When I swallow cold water I can feel it going down now side but not the other. It doesn't hurt but does feel like there is a pressure on my throat, I've started snoring and have lots of phlegm something that never happened before. I am 40 and fe mail. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 26 minutes later

I think you should see an E.N.T.Surgeon for examination.

At times difficult intubations or due to some other reason there could be some irritation of local skin inside. This leads to some local swelling, redness, raw area etc.

This normally heals by itself and does not lead to any problem.

As in your case you are having still complain after 1 year also, it is better that you see a doctor and get your self examined for this.

After examination only further advice can be given. I do not expect anything major still you should not ignore it.

Please consult E.N.T.Surgeon (ear, nose and throat).