Any weight gain medical product to increase weight? Tried all methods.

This is SreeRanga Working on the IT Software LTD age 22 and weight is 53 . Am need to gain the weight and tried all possible ways and tips but no result.request you to please help out me to gain weight fastly
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Follow-up: Any weight gain medical product to increase weight? Tried all methods. 3 minutes later

Please provide me the any weight gain medical product as am already tried all possible ways to gain the weight like 3 big meal and Juices per day.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Being lean and thin can be due to many causes and finding out the main cause will help in gaining the weight. Genetics is the main factor responsible. If your parents or siblings are also underweight then may be it is in your genes. The causes that need to be ruled out are -
1. Depression.
2. Addison's disease- A hormonal problem- Some simple blood tests will rule this out.
3. Chronic illness-A long standing viral illness also causes lack of a healthy look.
4. GERD- I hope you do not have any pain abdomen, loose stools, burning sensation in upper abdomen, etc.
5. Viral gastroenteritis.
6. Stress and anxiety.
7. Malnutrition.
8. Intestinal worms.
9. Thyroid disorders.
All these causes need to be ruled out with the help of your physician after a thorough examination and some blood tests.
The primary rule is to increase the calorie intake and do some form of exercise along with it.
Some measures:
1)Start your day with a healthy breakfast comprising a glass of milk and a banana or a banana milkshake.
2)Have frequent small meals every three hours in a day and divide them into six small meals comprising of proteins in one meal as pulses,cereals,beans,legumes, etc.
3)Have energy dense foods as dry fruits, nuts, seeds when you snack.
4)If you take non veg have fish,chicken with dal rice thrice in a week.
5)Avoid junk food intake as it has empty calories.
6)Make an exercise plan and do some form of muscle building exercises. It will be best if you do under guidance of a trainer so that he can analyze and observe for changes. Exercises like squats, chin-ups and bench press help in weight gain.
7)Avoid smoking, alcohol if you are using them regularly.
8)Drink lots of water.
You can consult a Nutritionist who can guide you according to your cuisines and then keep tracking for changes.
There is no substitute of eating a healthy diet for gaining weight.
Hope this answers your query.I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Follow-up: Any weight gain medical product to increase weight? Tried all methods. 1 hour later

Am Agree with your comments as my parents are slim. Can you suggest Nutritionist contact details or Hospital from Hyderabad so will contact hime and take the good precautions and tips.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
We have experienced dietitians who can design Personalized Weight Management
Program with Diet Plan and Exercise. You can take their help at this link:
WWW.WWWW.WW To find a good Nutritionist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a nutritionist in your area at
OR One of our customer care executives will assist you further in finding a good
doctor. (Please send mail to CRM team, YYYY@YYYY )
Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal