Any vegetarian diet plan to reduce weight?

Dietitian & Nutritionist
I want my diet chart to be prepared for reducing my Weight. I am Pure vegetarian guy, even I don't take egg. Please advise me with diet chart.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Meenakshi Attrey 6 hours later

Thank You for posting the query.

Increase in body weight is often associated with poor eating habits and lack of physical activity. To reduce weight you are required to consider some basic changes in the eating pattern and food choices.

Cutting down on calories and adding the necessary fillers like insoluble fibers would add bulk to the diet. This helps in attaining satiety while consuming lesser calories. Include a lot of whole cereals, pulses, fruits and vegetables to your diet. Restrict the intake of the refined foods like those made with refined wheat flour. Avoid taking sugar in the diet wherever possible. Include good protein sources like legumes, dals, milk and its products and soy in the diet.

You are also required to choose the fats wisely, limit the intake of oil and avoid the fried foods and snacks. Drink plenty of water and other healthy drinks to keep up the metabolism. You may also include options like green tea and lemon tea. Buttermilk and tender coconut water are also good options.
Follow a six meal pattern. For example,

Early Morning: Green tea (sugar less)

Breakfast: non fried preparations/ whole wheat breads/ vegetable pohs / idli sambhar etc.

Mid-Morning: Fruits (avoid the carbohydrate XXXXXXX fruits like mango, sapota, grapes, banana, custard XXXXXXX and watermelon)

Lunch: 2 chapatti + sabji I katori + boiled rice 1 katori + dal – 1 katori + salad 1 katori

Evening Snacks: Tea / Coffee (less or sugar) + high fiber bis. OR Sprouts 1 katori

Dinner: 2 chapatti + vegetable 1 katori + skimmed buttermilk 1 glass + salad 1 katori.

Start your meals with salads and buttermilk, and stop eating when you are just full.

Make healthy lifestyle changes and follow a balanced activity routine. This would help you in achieving the desired weight goal faster. Indulge in activities like playing badminton, swimming, jogging etc. this would not only help you burn those extra calories, but would also provide a break from the routine.
Hope this would help you.