Any treatment for tanned skin?

My name is XXXXXXX and i am 24 year old. When i was born , I was born with a very fair skin,however after3-4 years ,i fell ill and after that my skin color started getting dark and now it is very dark.
No one in my family has a dark skin except me.So is there any way to get back original color of my skin.

Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 27 minutes later
I would like to inform you that it may not be possible to regain the skin colour that you were born with. Change in skin colour that occurs early in life is not reversible.
Nevertheless, I would suggest that you to use a broad spectrum sunscreen 2-3 times daily to prevent further tanning.
Additionally, you may also consider getting mild chemical peels like glycolic acid peel. It gives a glow and freshness to your skin. I would suggest that your consult a dermatologist in person regarding this.
Further, have a healthy and balanced diet and include fruits in your diet. Take plenty of oral fluids to flush out the toxins.
I hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.