Any role for neurontin in treatment of hypersensitivity due to IBS?

General Surgeon
Question
Any role for neurontin in treatment of hypersensitivity due to ibs..I am an md as well."thAnx
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Hi
I am sorry to say that there is no role of Neurontin in the treatment of hypersensitivity to IBS.
As per literature,Amitryptiline got response in some individuals with hypersensitivity to IBS.
A pre and probiotic capsule can be taken in IBS
Hope i answered your query

Follow-up: Any role for neurontin in treatment of hypersensitivity due to IBS? 19 hours later
you are wrong..there is alot..including cymbalta..what can i expect from general surgeon..question should be directed to gastroenterologist...15 dollars..you get what you pay for..terrible service

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 28 minutes later
Hi
I am sorry.
Here,we surgeons treat lots of cases of IBS.Most of the patients come with pain abdomen which will be diagnosed later as IBS.
I think i did not reach your expectation.
Many people are illiterate here and as there is no proper medical system in the villages,they come to town and first consult a Surgeon for pain abdomen.We do not have referral system.
You can do one thing.
As you want to post this query for a Gastroenterologist,you can ask for refund as your query was answered by general surgeon.Later,you can ask specifically a Gastroenterologist.