Any risk if zyprexa olanzapine and oxy elite pro is taken same day?

Hi l am on zyprexa olanzapine 2.5mg 1 tab at nite can l take oxy elite pro in the morning or is it to risky?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 29 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your question of whether taking oxy elite pro is risky if taken along with olanzapine.

Olanzapine is a newer potent antipsychotic medication, of which weight gain, increase in prolactin levels and epilepsy are some side effects.

Now, oxy elite pro I know has Caffeine as its active ingredient, which is a brain stimulant. Now, normally this supplement is quite safe as drinking coffee, but why this is important to you - is caffeine in large doses / prolonged use has increased brain stimulation and convulsions as one of its reported side effect.

As you can see, the risk of convulsions/epilepsy may not be visible if these were taken separately - but risk would add up if both are taken.

I would not advice my patient to do this in my practice. And, I would suggest alternate weight loss therapies other than herbal food supplements for the time being.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.