Any ideas for pain in elbow and forearm without trauma?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
My elbow and forearm hurt really bad. I can barely straighten it and am in pain no matter what I do to use it. I clean for a living and don't remember hurting it in any way. It is also my left arm and I am right handed so most activities are done with the right side. I don't know what it could be. any ideas?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seems to be inflammatory in nature. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. According to your description , pain over your elbow and forearm seems to be inflammatory in nature. It could be due to bursitis or tendinitis. I advice you to give you rest to the part affected, take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily) to reduce pain and inflammation and consult your doctor for thorough examination of elbow and forearm and rule out any infective cause. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care