Any effective method to avoid pregnancy? Is it safe to take i-pill

I have just got married, me and my husband have just started having sex. We use condoms and try to have safe sex but somthimes we lose ourselves.
I am scared that i might get pregnant.
I have been taking emergency pills to avoid getting pregnant. Is it safe to have i-pills?
How often can i take emergency pills? What is a sureer way and avoid pregenency. Please advice.
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 14 minutes later

Emergency pills (I-Pill) are 99% effective when received within 24 hours( two doses at a 12-hour interval).
It is not a method of contraception. Emergency pills should be used only as a back up.
I suggest you to start birth control pills if you are planning to postpone pregnancy. You will get back your fertility within 2 months of stopping birth control pills.

Hope this helps. Practice safe sex and happy married life.
Dr Nilofer
Follow-up: Any effective method to avoid pregnancy? Is it safe to take i-pill 5 minutes later
Please advice on birth control pills. How to use them and are they safe to use?
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 20 minutes later
There are many birth control pills in the market like Loette. You need to visit your Gynecologist to rule out contraindications and prescription.
It has to be started on 1st day of the menstrual cycle. Next pack has to be continued without any gap irrespective of menstrual period.
It is safe to use birth control pills provided contraindications are ruled out. If is 99% effective also.

Hope this helps,
Dr Nilofer