Any connection between old fungal infection pneumonia and lymphoma?

In 1964 I believe I inhaled the fungus Histoplasma capsulatum and was hospitalized with "atypical pneumonia". Currently I have been diagnosed with small cell lymphoma. Is there a connection?
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: No direct association Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. There appears to be no direct connection between a fungal infection (histoplasma) pneumonia that you had 50 years back and lymphoma. I would like to know the symptoms and clinical features of your present illness which has been diagnosed as small cell lymphoma. Do write back with updates. Dr.A.Rao Kavoor