Any change in height if ligaments and tendons are disconnected?

Dear Orthopedist / Specialist,

Hi, I know this question can sound very strange but I'd really appreciate it if you could bear with it and answer it for me. Thanks in advance.

As far as I know our HEIGHT is what we see from outside (the length of the outer skin).
The bottom part of your body is made up of joints (hip, knee, ankles, etc) that are connected by tendons, ligaments, and etc.

MY QUESTION IS: ------------ LET'S JUST IMAGINE that ALL the ligaments, tendons, and etc. connecting many different bones to form the joints (hip, knee, ankles, etc) are gone / disconnected / disappear - IF SO - THEN OBVIOUSLY the entire bottom part would hang loosely like a jellyfish.

Even then, does our height remain exactly the same? As far as I know it shouldn't change even 1mm because regardless of what happens INSIDE the entire bottom part of the body - the LENGTH of the whole leg covered with skin from the hip to the bottom of the foot is visibly the same...

Please tell me what actually happens in this kind of case.. And also, I know I sound a bit obsessive here but could you be EXACT with the measurement? (1mm, not even 1mm, etc.)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH and once again, sorry about this strange question. BUT I REALLY REALLY need an accurate answer to this.
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 4 hours later
Hi, Akene welcome and thanks for writing in.
Body can be measured in two manners , height and length.
When you are in standing position it is known as height. When you are in supine or sleeping position it is known as length.
When there is no bones, muscles or ligaments then length of body will remain exactly the same without difference of even 1mm. However in same conditions standing height will decrease as gravity will pull the upper part of body downwards.

I an very much interested in knowing, why you are interested in knowing in such condition. There is no known such condition in medical literature yet.

Hopefully you are satisfied with my response . If you have further concern please let me know. Regards.