Any chances of tampon stuck inside vagina for 3 weeks? Having pain in armpit, lower back and pelvis

I was ill with a flu bug 3 weeks ago and had my period. I was a bit delirious one evening and went to bed, when I got up in the morning I went to take out a tampon but was surprised that I couldn't find it. I tried to find it but couldn't so assumed I must have taken it out. The last 4 days I have been feeling a bit under the weather with aches in my armpit and a few aches in my lower back and pelvis. I have searched again but found nothing, do you think it's still possible something might be there eventhough I can't find it?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get an examination Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX 3 weeks is a long time for the tampon to remain inside without any complication. If there was a tampon stuck inside, you would have had fever, vaginal discharge and foul odour. If you are still not sure, it would be advisable to have a doctor do a pelvic examination. Its more than likely that the current symptoms you have are un related to that episode. However, i suggest that you do see a doctor and get it confirmed in case, some part of it remained inside.