Any chances of pregnancy despite taking contraceptive pill within 24 hours?

Question
I had unprotected sex on 31 December after which I had unwanted 72 within 4 hours.I then.got my periods on 8th January. after which I had unprotected sex today,26 January and took an ipill within two hours.are there any chances for pregnancy?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Chance of Pregnancy are slim to none Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX I-pill has to be taken as soon as possible after unprotected sex.The sooner you take the more effective it is.Since you have taken it within 2 hr it is very effective(95% effective within 24 hrs) and prevents unplanned pregnancy.Further, pregnancy can be ruled out once you have your periods. Good luck! Hope I have give a satisfactory answer for your query.

Follow-up: Any chances of pregnancy despite taking contraceptive pill within 24 hours? 20 hours later
according to you,by when should I get my periods again?!

Answered by Dr. Praveen 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Within a week Detailed Answer: Thanks for writing me back. Normally withdrawal bleeding occurs within 5-7 days. Hope this answers your query.Wish you good luck.

Follow-up: Any chances of pregnancy despite taking contraceptive pill within 24 hours? 2 hours later
so after a week I need to go and get a test?

Answered by Dr. Praveen 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Consultation is required if you miss your period Detailed Answer: Normally the withdrawal bleeding occurs within a week.Following this if in case you miss your regular period then you may have to meet your doctor to rule out pregnancy. I hope this clarifies your doubt.