Anxiety, sensitivity, panic attacks, memory problems, fatigue and tiredness after hitting head. Suffered a concussion?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
hi, I am 19 years old. I bumped my head some time ago - no LOC, no headache/dizziness/confusion/disorientation/amnesia. I have no previous concussions known of, no mental health issues. I noticed noise sensitivity, anxiety & tiredness (was already experiencing these from routine surgery 5 days before). I was restless following night, had heavy sleep, panic attack. However, on the same day I could use technology, concentrate on tv, had good self care, no slurred speech and was able to walk up stairs minutes after injury with no difficulty. I was left with only a sore spot on the left side of my head. These symptoms were noticed the following week - sentence halts, fatigue, concentration and memory problems, anxiety, no academic interests. Are these facts consistent with concussion, and did I suffer a concussion? Thank you.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Need some information before coming to a proper aid

1] When was the bump - sometime ?
2] What was the routine surgery ?
3] Is there any history of nausea or vomiting ?
4] Did you get any investigations done after the injury ?
5] Any fever or history of disorientation?

Get Back to me with this information and I will help you out
Wishing you a Speedy Recovery

Unfortunately there was a mail asking me to reply to your followup query

But there is no information

Get back with the information and I will help you out
Follow-up: Anxiety, sensitivity, panic attacks, memory problems, fatigue and tiredness after hitting head. Suffered a concussion? 9 hours later
this bump was 3 weeks ago and the surgery was wisdom teeth removal under general anaesthesia. I had no nausea or vommitting after the injury. I failed to inform my parent as I was not concerned about concussion and it was not investigated. No history of disorientation, but there was fever the following night with restlessness (might be linked to surgery recovery though?). hope this is the info you need.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 7 minutes later

Thanks for your followup query

No these facts are not consistent with concussion, and you did not suffer a concussion

The symptoms could have been secondary to anxiety and stress following the surgery

Yet I would suggest you keep observing for any change in the severity of your symptoms if they worsen seek appointment with the emergency room

For fever you may take any antiinflammatory that would reduce the post surgery swelling, pain and fever

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept my reply and rate it

Get Well Soon