Anxiety, panic attacks, symptoms of depression

hello doctor!
i dont understand my problem. at times i am happy at times extremely sad.
i feel i am worth nothing. i had a relationship with a guy 7 yrs back and it ended on a bitter note.
he is married since last 3 yrs. but i cant forget our relationship since i took it too seriously.
it disturbs me a lot of times.
i met some others later who walked in as friends but found them selfish.
i constantly feel i am not liked nor loved. i am 31 and still not finding a right person for marriage.
i want to have a nice and healthy relationship.
want a person who can make me feel secure. but i dont see that person...i feel vulnerable. at times
and think of ending my life too although i dont do it.
i consume restyl tab 1mg every night and clonotril 0.5mg
since i have started building up anxiety and mild panic attack.
during day time i am busy with work. im employed. and there are no complaints at work.
but nights are terrible. i get all sort of thoughts that clutter my mind.
pills also dont seem to work at times.
plz help me.
what should i do?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
First thing I want to convey you is that you are special and only a very special person can recognise your potential and appreciate you. It is just a matter of time and you will definitely get a life partner who is even better than the friend you had earlier.
There is a specific time for everything to happen and all you have to do is just wait a little more.

Second thing is dont let suicidal thoughts come in your mind ever.
Since you have survived such an emotional downfall this only shows that you have some job left here assigned to you by God and its gods will that you live life.

As you have posted this query here i can learn that you are fighter by nature and you have adjusted to your new life in a positive way.
Right now you are a bit depressed.
The first step in treating depression is recognizing that you are depressed.
The second step is seeking help.
These two steps may in fact be the hardest part of the entire treatment process.

Early recognition and treatment will offer you the greatest chance of recovery, and the earlier you seek help the greater the chance that recurrences can be prevented.

If your symptoms indicate that you have clinical depression, your health-care provider will strongly recommend treatment.
Treatment may include supportive therapy, such as changes in lifestyle and behavior, psychotherapy, complementary therapies, and may often include medication.
If your symptoms of depression are severe enough to warrant treatment with medication, you are most likely to feel better faster and for longer when medication treatment is combined with psychotherapy.

Once you seek help from a qualified health care provider, you will find that there are numerous treatment options to help you get back on track.
Many new effective medications are available which very well treat your symptoms.

You can join any self help group on the net which will give you ideas to cope with the situation.

Hope this helps you.
You can always ask any queries.
I will be more than happy to help.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal