Anxiety disorder, gastric problem. Taking bantop D, lodo25, linac Z, lonazep, franxit. Tests normal, homocysteine high. Remedy?

i am 31 years old since last six months i am facing anxiety disorder,gastic problem & hbp. i am taking BANTOP D,LODOZ5,LINAC Z, LONAZEP 0.25 & FRANXIT in the morning & BASIKOB G XXXXXXX CR 37.5,LONAZEP 0.5 & FRANXIT in the night. My ECG,TMT,ECHO,BRAIN ANGIOGRAPHY,NCV,THYRIOD,CREATINE ALL TEST REPORT ARE NORMAL BUT MY HOMOCYSTENE LEVEL IS HIGH AROUND 50 & SLIGHT BP....However i always feel that i will die by heart attack, sometimes when i drive my car i feel fear,my heart beats faster & hands sweat always in my mind thoughts are running that i am not well it is affecting my family as well as professional life...please advice

Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 5 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

The symptoms you mentioned: palpitation, fear of heart attack, excessive thinking and increase perspiration are common in anxiety spells.

Your treatment is good. You are receiving good combination of anti anxiety medicines.

Following information will help:
-Usually treatemnt take 1-2 month to show its full effects after full optimization of drug doses. Doses may need to increase if current doses do not work in your case.
-Deficiencies of the vitamins folic acid (B9), pyridoxine (B6), or B12 (cobalamin) can lead to high homocysteine levels. Supplementation with pyridoxine, folic acid, B12 or trimethylglycine reduces the concentration of homocysteine in the bloodstream.
-Vitamins deficiency is very common with alcohol use. Alcohol use itself is a risk factor for anxiety disorders.
-Poor treatment response frequently occur: Comorbid substance use(alcohol) and vitamin deficiency (increase homocysteine)

So, It is very important to stop alcohol intake as soon as possible after informing your physician. Alcohol is affecting in multiple ways. You can stop smoking gradually after anxiety reduction.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.