Anxiety and depression, nerve pain, going through bereavement. Is this another symptom of anxiety?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have anxiety and depresion ihave nevre pain all over my body all so i am goeing though a bereivment i have been told that it is anouther symptom of anxiety but i cant exept this please can you help me.
Posted Fri, 29 Jun 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Diabetes & hypothyroidism are the two diseases which commonly can cause nerve pain and need to be ruled out. Hence, I’ll suggest getting the blood sugar and thyroid profile to be done.

Other causes are peripheral vascular disease, malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve. If the symptoms persist then get the above mentioned possibilities ruled out from a neurologist.
In case no organic cause is detected after investigations, then anxiety might be responsible for your symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.