Anxiety and breathing problem. Lexapro didn't help. Suggest medication

I am always anxious to the point where I either hold my breath or am so fidgety all the time...I sometimes feel like I can't breathe... And then I start feeling faint... No reason to be nervous about anything.. Everything good at home and etc. what can I do to relive some of the anxiety without meds. I tried lexapro and it made me more nervous so I stopped. I am soo not depressed. What can I do to alleviate some of the edginess that I am experiencing.
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
That could be panic attacks.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. It could be panic disorder. It is treatable with any class of benzodiazepines, but these medications cannot eradicate it. You may take low dose of the medication you mentioned (lexapro) or any other medication from the class of serotoinin reuptake inhibitors with a low dose for several months and also take advantage of psychotherapy for the root of the anxiety in order to stop the medication successfully. I wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Anxiety and breathing problem. Lexapro didn't help. Suggest medication 2 hours later
can you recommend seratonin uptake inhibitors? that i can buy?? how about flaxseed is that increase seratonin???
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Flax seed is good.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

A doctor can prescribe a serotonin reuptake inhibitor for you. Flax seed is a very good food to increase the serotonin level, but the amount of serotonin in the synapses after prescribing a serotonin reuptake inhibitor reaches to more than 100 times of the usual circumstances. Let me know if you have any question. Best
Follow-up: Anxiety and breathing problem. Lexapro didn't help. Suggest medication 6 minutes later
I hAve a peanut , tree nut and shellfish allergy... Does flaxseed fall into one of those categories?
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no increased chance.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again, there is no increased chance for allergy to flaxseed. Best