Anxiety about daughter's health, vomiting, breathlessness, washing hands frequently

My daughter has come down with a stomach bug. I have a crippling anxiety about throwing up making it hard to do anything. Right now I'm curled up in a little ball and it's even hard to breath. On top of that, I'm feeling guilty about not being able to comfort my daughter. My wife is with her and I'm afraid she'll get sick also which will lead to me getting sick. I'm afraid to even use the bathroom! I really need some advice. I'm washing my hands like crazy but short of that i don't know what to do.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 21 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Just relax. Take few XXXXXXX breaths and start thinking rationally. Your XXXXXXX love towards your daughter and your over anxiety has overtaken the reality that your daughter is down with just simple stomach bug.
This stomach bug is going to be alright in next couple of days.

Just go and sit with your daughter and comfort her. Listen to her problems and give suitable over the counter products (OTC) according to the need.
Plenty of fluids, oral rehydration salts and over the counter antiemetic if she has vomiting will help her recover fasters.

I hope my advice helps you. Revert to me if there is any further query.
Wish your daughter a speedy recovery.