Ants gathering around my urine. Does this indicate diabetes?

Ants gather around my urine...Am i diabetic?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Radhika 44 minutes later

"Ants gathering around urine" does not mean you have diabetes. Increased thirst, increased frequency of urination, increased hunger, easy fatigability, etc., are some of the common symptoms of diabetes. If you have a family history of diabetes, there are more possibilities of you getting diabetes.

To diagnose Diabetes, you should perform 'Fasting' Blood Sugar and 'Postprandial' Blood Sugar tests. Another blood test called 'glycosylated hemoglobin (Hba1c)' is done to know how your glucose (sugar) levels have been doing over the past 3 months.

I suggest you to consider these tests to know your diabetic status. Your primary doctor can help you in getting these tests done.

Diabetes can be easily managed, and you can live a normal life. Besides you may not have it at all.
So do not worry and do the tests to rule out diabetes.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.