Anterior placenta, homogenous echopattern, no placental collection. What does this mean?

the placenta is anterior. the inferior limit extends down to the XXXXXXX os but does not span across it. it is a homogenous echopattern, grade 1. there is no retroplacental collection. What does this mean and what precuations should one take
Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The findings of your ultrasound scan are suggestive of a low lying placenta but it is not covering the os. Since you are only 13 weeks pregnant, there is nothing to be worried about. You only need to take adequate rest and avoid any heavy work. Gradually as the baby grows, the placenta will also grow towards upper segment.

If the placenta covers the os then the chances of vaginal bleeding are more on especially while performing heavy work.

In your case, a low lying placenta reaching the os indicates that considerable part of placenta is attached to the lower segment of the uterus. It is not likely that placenta will grow further to cover the os.
However a follow up scan after 2 months will help in better placental localization.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Anterior placenta, homogenous echopattern, no placental collection. What does this mean? 6 minutes later
I work full time, though its a sitting job in HR and drive to office, its a 20 minutes drive as well. What do you suggest on the same, what precautions do i take
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 27 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
You can do a sitting job. Avoid using stairs. Do not lift any heavy object.
You can drive a car but avoid sitting on a two wheeler.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.