Ankles hurt after running. What could be the underlying cause?
User rating for this question
I have started running. I run 1.5 miles every other day and 3 on the weekends besides my practices and workouts for baseball. my ankles have been hurting after I run and sometimes when I get on the field to play they hurt because of the runs I do. This has never happened b4.
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 26 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that the problem that you are telling you is due to overtraining . When you start exercising or suddenly increase your exercise duration the joints are not adapted to that and hence they start paining . You need to increase the exercise gradually and build indurance . When it pains you can take rest , do some hot fomentation , apply local topical paracetamol gel if necessary . It will subside on its own , just do the proper warm up before exercising. But in case even after doing all this your problem worsens consult a doctor . Take care. Dr. Shruti
People also viewed
- Should i drink water after a paracetamol overdose
- Arm feels like a dead weight
- Can u drink after open myomectomy
- Numb limbs after drinking
- Slept on arm damage
- What could be the reason for hurt ankle
- What could be the cause for burning sensation above ankle
- What could be the cause for throbbing ankle joints
- Heart pounding when sleeping after drinking
- How long after ruptured ear drum until you can hear again?
- Dead weight feeling in thr arm
- Dead feeling in right arm
- Feeling of a dead weight in arm
- Having swollen ankles what could be the cause
- Ankles hurt after running what could be the underlying cause