Ankles are swollen and painful, suggested water pills diurex but no help. Treatment?

Hi... I'm a 54yo c/f 5.5 122# no Rx. My ankles are swollen...and painful... getting worse as day progresses: Heat has been excessive in SoCal,(90*) and I have no a/c. CVS pharmacy suggested water pills: diurex 50mg gel caps: not helping. I regularly drink 75oz water daily. What else can I do?
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. David Okia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You could be evaluated for cardiac disease

Detailed Answer:
thanks for your question.
What else can you do, you need to do and be evaluated for renal diseases, cardiac conditions like heart failure.

Abdominal ultrasound, renal function tests and echo cardiograph should be done.

Based on results of this investigation appropriate treatment will be given. Excessive heat worsen symptoms of cardiac and renal system diseases because they play role in regulation of body temperature.

You urgently need to see doctor for detailed investigation above and management.

Hope I answered your question.