Ankle wound from falling, tingling, spreading bruise, no pus or redness, scarring tissue. Need help

Hello about 6 weeks ago I fell from my horse catching my left ankle. There was no bleeding, but a blister formed of clear fluid, and slightly 'bloody'. Immediately treated with elevation, and ice - impressive bruising etc but my ankle was definitely intact, and I could walk without excruciating pain which had it been broken would have occurred. It is nigh on impossible to get an appointment to see a doctor (2 weeks plus) unless I say it's an emergency! So, what with a busy lifestyle I never did. Now, the wound is still there. I cannot ride because inside of left ankle above joint, and as open but clean as no pus or redness round edges, cannot swim etc so am finding it very frustrating. I had originally been letting wound dry out, form scab but anything indie, walking etc made it weep. I am concerned as back of leg there are loads of veins ( aren't ther?) and it does, tingle and is bruised (minor) spreading down to my toes. I try to rest but lifestyle gets in way, kids, driving etc and I also am overweight (16st ish and am 5 ft 5) so obviously ankle carries this weight. It is really annoying. I have used antiseptic (tea tree) and wound is clean. Currently has a wet healing plaster on it. There is a lot of scarring tissue which I am worried about. Someone suggested manuka honey, internally and externally. Have taken spoons, but not put on wound! Please help me...although I suspect you will say go to your doctor...but any suggestions would help as well, and I will try to get an appointment
Especially as still a problem.
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
I think there is nothing to worry as your wound is healing,although slowly.
Your wound is clean and keep on maintaining the local hygiene.
You may apply honey or any anti septic ointment on the wound.
please make sure that you are not suffering from diabetes.
Please consult your doctor if your wound gets infected or starts paining or getting worse.
Please do write back,if you wish to ask any other query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Ankle wound from falling, tingling, spreading bruise, no pus or redness, scarring tissue. Need help 1 hour later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 47 minutes later
You are most welcome to ask any query any time.