Ankle injury, swelling, pain and bruising. Followed rice treatment. Now burning and stinging. Should it be looked at?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I hit my the inside ankle bone with my bowling ball about four weeks ago. There was immediate swelling, pain and bruising. I was unable to put a lot of weight on it without pain. I followed the rice treatment. Now there is still swelling and bruising and now I am getting a burning and stinging sensation. There is still pain when I press under the bone. I have have done this once before and it did not take this long to heal. Should I have it looked at.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Amit Agarwal 9 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Any minor soft tissue injury around the ankle joint usually heals in about 3 weeks time. However in your case the inflammation seems to be still around even after 4 weeks. It is suggested that you visit an Orthopaedic doctor near you. He may suggest an X-Ray and a MRI scan. This will help the doctor to diagnose the problem better and thus help you.