Angioplasty, on imdur, amlong, disprin, clopitab, lipitor, beta blocker, ezedoc, KFT and LFT normal. Viagra for sex life okay?

Question
I had agioplasty done but have never suffered a heart attack. I am regularly taking imdur30mg, amlong 5mg, disprin and clopitab in the morning. In the evening bedtime i am taking lipitor 20mg, beta blocker 25mg,ezedoc 10mg. Also I take fish oil capsule and garlic pearl capsule twice a day. I do yoga in the morning and go for regular walk in the evening.
I am keeping good health and all my parameters are good for the last five years. KFT and LFT tests are normal.
Can I take small dosage (5mg) of viagara to improve my sex life now and then?
age 59yrs, 5' 11 ", 74kg
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 33 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX ,

Viagra (Sildenafil) is contraindicated in your case as you are regularly taking Tab.IMDUR 30mg.

The above combination can cause serious side-effects like Hypotension which can be fatal.

You can take Viagra if your cardiac condition is better and the tab. IMDUR can be
withheld for few days without any complications.So consult your treating doctor and follow his advice

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: Angioplasty, on imdur, amlong, disprin, clopitab, lipitor, beta blocker, ezedoc, KFT and LFT normal. Viagra for sex life okay? 5 hours later
how many days should i stop using imdur for taking 5 mg viagra? If i take 5mg viagra only once when can i restart imdur?

Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 2 hours later
Hi Again ,

Thanks for follow up query.

Dosage has to be decided only after examining you, the dosage, duration will be decided by your treating doctor.

So i suggest you to see the doctor and follow his advice.

Hope this helps you.

Wish you good luck.

Follow-up: Angioplasty, on imdur, amlong, disprin, clopitab, lipitor, beta blocker, ezedoc, KFT and LFT normal. Viagra for sex life okay? 8 hours later
you did not tell me how long i have to stop using imdur before taking viagra as per my doctors advice...24 hours or 48 hours?

Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 7 hours later
Hi Again ,

A break of 48 hours from Imdur is needed before taking Viagra in minimum dose, but the complications cannot be excluded even in the minimum dosage.

Hope this helps you.

Wish you good health.

Regards.