Angioplasty done. Is it safe to walk more or climb the stairs? Family history of heart disease. Worrisome

I had undergone a Angioplasty in 2005. I walk 5 days a week for 90 minutes and climb the stairs to my flaty at the sixth floor. Is it safe?I was having one block and a Cypher Stent was used. I use Alcohol. I was using tobacco snuff before my Angioplasty but stopped it after Angioplasty. I have a family History of Heart Deseaces. I take medicines for BP and after Angioplasty For Cholestrol.
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 56 minutes later

I do not see any problem in what you are doing.

You are taking medicines on regular basis,your annual health check ups are normal then there is no need to worry.

Normal TMT suggests that even during exertion the blood supply to your heart is well maintained and artery which was opened up by putting stent is also doing nice.

In general please do following(in fact continue doing)

Keep alcohol in moderation.
Avoid tobacco in any form
Take medicines regularly
Avoid tobacco in any form

Maintain good regular physical activity and do regular follow up at least once a year with your cardiologist.

Follow-up: Angioplasty done. Is it safe to walk more or climb the stairs? Family history of heart disease. Worrisome 2 days later
After my Angioplasty in Aug 2005,I had taken quarterly TMT,LipidProfile ,Chekups etc which were all normal. Howeverduring Aug 2006 ie after exactly one year from the Angioplasty When I took a stress TMT it revealed that "No LV dilation or Mitral Regurgitation at peak excercise and Peak Stress Echocardiography showed hypokinesia of interior wall". My Doctor did not tell anyproblem with it. I have taken a CT coronary Angiogram recently ie on Dec 2011 where everything is reported to be normal but it is indicated that Pre Stent LAD shows mild Wall desease,Post Stent LAD small calibre. TMT is negative.2D echo though treated as normal shows 'Mild LV hypertrophy".My Lipid Profile taken on 16 XXXXXXX 2012 reads-Trigliceroids-84, Cholestrol-125, LDL-67, HDL-41 VLDL-17. Please advise me whether I can continue with my present way of living or needs further investigations etc.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 6 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

Yes,you can continue what ever you are doing.

At present you are asymptomatic means you are not having any problem,so any form of restriction of activity is not required.

All the reports are by and large normal,so there is no reason for concern.Keep regular follow up with your cardiologist and take medicines on regular basis.