Angina, tennis player, stent in coronary artery. Angina due to RBBB ?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I am 70. I am 5'5 in my socks. I weight 80kgs. I played tennis regularly until an accident Apr 2010, but hope to resume shortly. My blood pressure ave 130+/-10 over 80. Due to some angina noted May 2004, after which I still played some tennis, a stent was inserted in my right coronary artery Sept 2004. RBBB was noted in XXXXXXX 2008. Was the angina the cause of the RBBB? What is my prognosis?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 4 hours later

You look to be in good health.

Most of the time RBBB is not generally related to angina. If you do have any fresh angina its less likely to be related to ischmia or angina. Right bundle is very thin and get dameged just due degeneration of the conduction system. If there are no other ECG findings other than RBBB it does not affect prognosis.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: Angina, tennis player, stent in coronary artery. Angina due to RBBB ? 9 hours later
Forgot to say I also take 100mg aspirin daily; but wanted to know whether Q10 is a waste of money? Also is 2,000mg salmon oil caps enough?
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 41 hours later

Yes, actually I should have raised the question as to why you were not on aspirin, but now you say your taking it; great, please continue.

As far as Coenzyme Q and salmon oil, I wouldn't like to comment as the available evidence is inadequate to comment on either direction. Both are know to have some benefit, but exact quantum of benefit and Cost benefit ratio is largely unknown

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health