Anger management problem,nose bleed,head ache

my grandson is 10 yrs. old he has a anger problem and when he gets in trouble he gets so angry his head severly hurts. This time he has had a nose bleed on and off today and when I got on to him his nose started to bleed and a sever headack. What is causing it. Please help me so I can help him.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later

Extreme anger in children can be incidental or may be associated with bipolar disorder or ADHD.

Bleeding from nose after getting angry with severe headache means that the anger is causing a sudden rise in his blood pressure leading to nose bleeds and increased intracranial tension causing headache.
Such an anger may be pathological.

It needs to be treated with the help of behavioural therapy by a psychotherapist. You can also try to distract his attention whenever he is about to get angry. Anger control has to be learned after behavioural modifications.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.