Anal skin tag, removal through surgery. Safe to have anal sex ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
how long after small anal skin tag removal until you can have anal sex?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 12 minutes later

Anal skin tags are usually asymptomatic and do not cause any problems except possibly itching, pain after defecation or secondary infection.

However you do need to know that some skin tags can be associated with haemorrhoids nearby in the anal canal. So do get that ruled out as haemorrhoids and skin tags can be associated with anal sex.

Usually cure after surgery depends on how the area is. If the area is not kept clean and exposed to faecal contamination it can take longer to heal. Usually it will take 2-3 weeks for healing of superficial skin tags if appropriate asepsis and care is maintained by proper dressing and antibiotics to prevent infection at the surgical site.

Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables; drink plenty if water to prevent constipation and enable smooth passage of faeces to reduce chances of straining and delayed healing.
Your doctor may provide medicine to soften stools as well after surgery.

Before starting to have anal sex, I recommend you to get the area inspected by your Surgeon to make sure complete healing. Use proper lubrication and better to use condom to reduce chance of spread of Sexually transmitted Infections.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.